You will have to prove outstanding records, allowing you to contribute to Canada’s economy in your area of expertise.
You will not have to provide a minimum investment.
SELF-EMPLOYED – PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
In order to qualify under the self-employed program, you have to meet the following requirements:
- for cultural activities:
- two one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
- two one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
- a combination two one-year periods of the before mentioned activities
- for athletics:
- two one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
- two one-year periods participating at a world class level in athletics, or
- a combination of two one-year periods of the before mentioned activities
- for buying and managing a farm, two one-year periods managing a farm
Your application will be assessed on a grid system, taking factors such as age, educational background and language ability into consideration. You will have to prove that you can contribute to Canada’s economy in one of the required areas.
If you think you are eligible for the self-employed program, please contact us for a consultation.