Investor Visa Canada 2018
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is currently the only investor visa Canada offers. Unlike business investor categories in other provinces, starting a new and/or managing an existing business is not required under the QIIP.
QIIP offers high net worth individuals and families worldwide the opportunity to immigrate to Canada through the Province of Quebec.
QIIP will accept a maximum of 1900 new applications during the period from 10th September 2018 through 15th March 2019.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR AN INVESTOR VISA CANADA THROUGH QUEBEC?
- A legally acquired personal net worth of CAD $2 Million;
- Two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application;
- Invest $1.2 Million in a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years, bearing no interest;
- An intention to settle in the province of Quebec.
WHAT’S THE TIMELINE?
- Your must first gather documentation supporting your personal net worth and managerial experience. This includes providing proof that you have acquired your assets legally.
- An approved licensed financial intermediary with quota allocations from Quebec immigration authorities will review your application for compliance.
- If considered compliant, the application is then submitted to Quebec immigration authorities.
- Within 30 days of reception, a file number is issued by Quebec.
- Depending on the situation, you will be invited for an interview and receive an interview waiver. This takes place within 12 months after submission.
- A decision will be made within 30 days after the interview with Quebec authorities.
- If you’re approved, you will be requested to make your investment within 110 days of a positive decision.
- After you’ve made your investment, you will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). This document allows you to apply for permanent residence at the federal level.
- You will submit your application for permanent residence to the federal government who will conduct security and medical checks.
- Applications are finalized to visa issuance within a range of approximately 12 months (North America, Western Europe and South America) to 44 months (China).
- Once approved, passports are requested and a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is issued to the applicant and dependants.
- Applicants and dependants must travel to Canada before the expiry date on the COPR document.
HOW DO I OVERCOME PROCESSING TIME?
The processing time can be discouraging. If you have minor children and have received a Quebec Selection Certificate as Quebec investor, you might want to consider to come to Montreal earlier. It is common for CSQ holders to register their children at a primary or secondary school.
One or both parents can then accompany the children as visitors. For that, it is important to understand that an international student status or visitor status does not guarantee that you will receive your permanent residence. You will need to present a “Plan B”, also referred to as “Study Plan”, to the government, showing that you have planned for the case you have to return to your home country. The notion of “dual intent” must be considered.
Avenue Canada can help you with all of that. We are working with immigration lawyers specialised in immigration by investment.
Contact us today, and we will be happy to connect with you !